Friday, July 10, 2009

TV Ratings



I don't mean the viewer ratings they use to decide how much they can get away with charging to tell you about the latest deodorant and what new smelly body part they have just decided it can be put on. I mean the adult content type of ratings. What prompted this was as I was about to watch a show on BBC Kids called My Hero which our UK friends my be aware or they warned this show contains mature content. I fell off the couch. I have been watching the show since my very young nephew turned me on to it. The show is a great many things most hilarious but the idea of ever having the tiniest bit of maturity was funnier then anything ever on the show. I can't even begin to describe the show. Let's just say that even kid's in kindergarten can laugh at how dumb the hero is. He makes Gilligan look a top level NASA scientist.

I am aware if a show says mature content it only means no thinking needed. After all a Shakespeare play being performed is a very mature subject but they don't warn you about that. Mind you those who are not familiar with his work end up changing channels and talking about the new foreign language channel. Also the warning about adult content. What it really means this show has things in it you would be embarrassed to have the kids catch you watching. Another one is this program contains cartoon violence. Alas poor Road Runner. I knew him well Horatio.

5 comments:

  1. The trouble with the label 'mature content' is that most kids are more mature than the adults! so it means nowt.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am not familiar with the show. however, we do have kids shows here and before the show would start the tv station would announce that such program "is for adult - also"
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy any Graphic I have you can save. Just right click on it then Save As. You may not want the one of me dressed as a knight I had up yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that ratings here in the USA are just gone out the window. I could be watching a PG movie and it could have a full sex scene in it, all the choice curse words, and it's supposedly PG. We were in a chinese restaurant that had a TV on,we had just sat down, and all of a sudden a sex scene with full nudity came on the giant 72" plasma TV. The waitress changed the channel but it was too late. I told my kids, "Any questions about sex, ask me now." AWKWARD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noadays when you sit your kid's down to have a talk about sex isn't it to ask them for pointers and advice?

    ReplyDelete