Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Dreaded ID Ten T Error



All of us had done stupid things with our Computers. I'm a bit of an expert at doing stupid things. However one of the worst things we can do wrong with a computer is commit the Dreaded ID Ten T error. This error comes in a variety of forms. Normally the only remedy is to get you neighbour's six year old son over to fix it for you.

ID Ten T errors are not new to computers. They have been around since the dawn of the age of Technology. They are usually severe and only happen when we desperately need that technological marvel right this second.

Some typical ID Ten T errors are failing to plug in the device. Failing to turn it on. Wondering if your toaster caught a virus from your computer or the microwave ( I still regret telling my Mother that could happen. Convincing her something ridiculous is easy as all my brothers and I are very technical and give an inch we will take a light year. George is still trying to convince her Dogfish aren't really good guard pets and really won't swim to the top of the tank when strangers come in gulp air and expel it making a sound that sounds just like a very large dog. )

It took me three days to convince the guys at work that no the union wasn't really organizing a campaign to make ground hog day a national holiday.

I have been using computers since 1981. Built my first one from parts and a set of instructions. So I will share my first computer related ID Ten T error with you. It is not a good idea to pick up your soldering iron by the hot end.

For those of you that haven't spotted it yet another way of writing ID Ten T error is this ID10T error.

5 comments:

  1. HA HA! I didn't spot it til you pointed it out! But I still feel yuk, so I have an excuse! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully intend to make this a new way of silently stating something was a dumb mistake. When some one asks I can just say "Oh it was just and ID Ten T error."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sid, Funny! My kids will love that!
    My son is a computer genius. We had ths cable company out here 4 times, once for 6 hours straight. They couldn't fix the "problem" and said I should just buy another computer. I was complaining to my kids about it, and my son said "Let me think about it, maybe I can figure it out" Ten minutes later we had our computer up and humming away! Kids these days!
    Have a happy Sunday.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand computer. I don't even know what CPU or USB means. But as long as i can write email and read stuff here, then I won't be fretting. Like Mimi,I turn to my kids when something isn't working well on my pc.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god the whole way through I kept looking at the words, thinking there is sooo something in this....like Trace I only really got it when you pointed it out!!! God Im a winner:)

    ReplyDelete