Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Figured out the Force



I didn't know what to write today. A friend is sick and I thought about writing about my Dad and his attitude to everything. He is a born Zen master who knows nothing about Zen. Which when you think about it is very Zen.

Unfortunately I find it hard to imitate him and I have known him since my mom was changing my diaper and I accidentally peed on his face while he was sleeping. At least I hope it was a an accident I was pretty young and can't remember.

So what is the next best thing to Zen. How about the Force from Star Wars. I think I have figured out what it is. What do we know about the Force?

It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

The answer is obvious. It has been in front of us for years.

The Force is Duct Tape.

Use the Force K use the Force. If not to hold yourself together you can use it to tie up the Doctors until they can get things right. It is also very effective as a gag. I also make Duct tape wallets. K if you promise to cheer up and send me the address I will mail you one. What colour would you like it comes in many colours now. Regular, Red, White, Blue, Black and Camo. Though in hospital Camo wouldn't do a very good job of Camouflaging anything. White maybe. We have white Camo gear for the snow here.

I had better go. A polar bear is frightening the penguins.

7 comments:

  1. rofl, that was so fantastic, you know I never thought of duct tape in that way. I'm now picturing it stuck on my abdomen holding the gauze in place, complete waterproofed, fail safe continence product, yay I can rip the bag off again!!!!! Whoop Whoop.
    'Yessss' (in a Napoleon Dynamite hissy way)
    Now I'm also envisioning duct taping the medics to each other and not allowing them a toilet break,they would pee on each other,'yesssssss' they too can experience humiliation.

    Oh my god did I write that I'm into Karma not revenge. My god I finally had a fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't normal!!!!!!! Which is very very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K When I dislocated my shoulder last year and was going for physio therapy they showed me they now have Medical grade duct tape. ( not joking ) it was used to hold my shoulder in place and instead of months or weeks it was pretty much back to full mobility in a few days. I understand that is way faster then normal but still the tape is out there. I wonder why it is used for things like holding you together better between examinations. It can last a few days to a week but I see no problem if it has to only be there a short time. It is like the six million dollar man stronger better faster. After all crazy glue or super glue ( don't know which you call it ) was invented to patch up soldiers on the battlefield. Thats why what it sticks together best is your fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normal is the last part of my nickname the middle part is Ab.

    Actually at work I had a few nicknames. During the Dancing with Wolves phase when Indian style names were in it was Encyclopedia with Legs.

    Most of the time it was Sick Sid the Weird One after my wisecracks, quips and comebacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iam happy to see this side of Sid( definitely not the dark side!) and it's not very often, although i hope he will always be this cheerful!
    Good to see Kirst, giggling too!!!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we have a budding internet friendship here Odette don't you? They bring out the best in each other!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kirst. People can burst their stitches laughing. I can't imaagine anything bursting duct tape. So why not a transparent medical grade duct tape. They could see through it to check for infection and when they pulled the tape out the stitches would come too.

    ReplyDelete