Friday, July 24, 2009

Totally Useless Trivia



I promised this to cheer up a sick friend.

Gilligan's Island Trivia names.

The Skipper's name was Jonahs Grumby

Mary Ann's last name was Summers and she was from Winfield Kansas.

Ginger's last name was Grant.

Professor Roy Hinkley was a research scientist.

I don't think they ever gave Gilligan a last name.

Thurston Howell III's wife's name really was Lovey.

In the first episode the newscasts call him a Billionaire, in the second a multi-millionaire and after that a millionaire

In the First Superman story his father was Jor L later it became Jor-El

His earth parents were John and Mary later Johnathan and Martha. In the movie serial in 1948 they were Sarah and Ethan. On the first episode of the TV series in the 50's they were Sarah and Eben.

Finally in the tradition of movie serials I leave a cliff hanger question. ( I will add the answer in the comments if no one else does in a couple of days ) What is the Queen & Prince Phillip's Surname. ( Married name )

6 comments:

  1. Reverse it Tracey. Thought you would be the one to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn I would never have guessed the last name. Awesome interesting stuff Sidith. I had no idea it had been around for so long!!!@!!
    Thankyou:)
    Did you know El is Egyptian for The? In Saudi Arabia Al is the Arabic version for the. I know you were gagging to know that:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to admit it Kirst but I am such a trivia nut that I did know that. Not from my interest in languages that is fairly new last ten years or so. It is from my obsession with comic books and wanting to know if Superman's last name meant anything. How geeky is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have watched so many superman movie, and tv series, the recent one is Smallville, BUT, iam not very particular with names, so i dont even noticed the change, darn!
    nice trivia Sid, and for the last question - iam afraid i dont know the answer to that...
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was surprised that Smallville is having another season. I have watched them all. To my surprise I understand that they are not bring back Jimmy Olsen. He has been around since 1939. Personally not matter the incarnation. Comics of any era or any of the tv or movie versions I always found Lois Lane annoying.

    ReplyDelete