Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thunderclaps and Puppy Dogs

Okay at almost 11 and being a rescued dog Rocky may not fit the normal definition of Puppy. However people who meet him for the first time think he is a puppy because he has a great attitude to people. ( his only real bad habit is barks if you stop petting him, typical male ). He never was afraid of thunderclaps, they aren't the worst kind of clap that honor goes to one of King Lear's daughter's who was so evil they named a social disease after her. ( If anyone can twist a classical education I can, those who have read the play I bet a light just went on ). Rocky was never afraid of thunder. Not even when he went blind. Just a little while ago a quirk of timing changed that for the moment. As I was bringing him in from his walk and about to take off his lead. ( He has this need one for night with flashing led's ) thunder shook the whole building. I had to let him run up the stairs then unclip him upstairs. He is now in his room. ( Before he went blind he decided he wanted a room and dragged everything out of the bottom of my bedroom closet. He lets me hang clothes if they aren't long but it is his room ). Currently he is trading barks for thunderclaps. Don't know if Rocky or Zeus will win but bet Rocky is the more stubborn of the two.

As for mentioning an STD scientists have decided the old standbys and even HIV or AIDS are not the most difficult to live with. They have decided the hardest STD to live with is kids. ( all in humor of course )

5 comments:

  1. You love Rocky the puppy dearly.Certainly, he does sound like a character.I hope you make the trip tomorrow to Niagara Falls and have a fabulous time.And it sounds like that cold is clearing up.
    Rocky maybe the more stubborn of the two [Zeus and himself] but Zeus prevails over all us other mortals and the poor Gods at his mercy. In your home it is Rocky who prevails. I think I like your home better that Mt. Olympos already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocky could be more afraid of Mr. Whisker than Zeus. Is it raining there?
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Rocky! Hope you have a fab time on your trip...XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I have a good time on the trip to. The Falls are less than an hour away. The magician had a special on last night. Since I was going to the show tonight I hope they re-run it. I also hope the show is cancelled due to his demise. He was I think doing and escape from a steel cage suspended over the falls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how pets use items or areas of your home then claim them as their own. The more you cater to them, the more it makes you wonder who really is the pet. Be thankful you don't have my brother's dog. He used to pee during thunderstorms and I think he still flips out and howls at the phone when it rings.

    I've been very lucky that I never caught any STDs. Luckily, there are several rather painless ways to cure KIDs. One is to take them for a long long drive out to the middle of nowhere while giving them all they can drink. When they have to pee, tell them go behind a bush or a tree and take off like a rocket as soon as they close the door.

    Fathers will be more likely to use this method so they'll have to come up with a friend's house where he supposedly dropped them off at who's parents the mother doesn't have a phone number for. If the mother uses this cure, it's not as big of a deal since the father probably won't notice they're gone, and will be thankful for the peace and quiet for a day or two.

    ReplyDelete