Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Side Effects of Earning a LIving


Right now I have a chest and sinus cold. As often happens when I get even slightly sick by body switches back to thinking it's on shift work. Of my 29 years with the TTC 24 were on either night or afternoon shift. ( shifts don't rotate there ). So now my AM & PM as far as my body is concerned are more Odette's on the other side of the globe than my own.

In other words tonight I am more likely to answer an email right away rather than not till what is normally morning for me. Some friends are helping with minor errands like dog walking and trips to the drug store. I my self am watching old Elvis Presley movies. I don't know if the 1st movie I saw was Bambi or Love Me Tender. Since Elvis wasn't in Bambi I'm watching Love Me Tender. I also promised my mom a copy.

The title song is very romantic. Unless I try to sing it. Even without a cold my singing it would cause Dracula to drive a stake into his own heart rather than listen to the noise. You now one more way to kill a vampire have Sid try to sing it love songs. Mom is more diplomatic than Drac would be. She say's "Sidney I love you but shut up". I think mothers love their sons to prevent them drowning us at birth.

8 comments:

  1. You crack me up you numpty! I love Elvis... I'll be singing that song to myself all night long now...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have heard your voice over the phone, and it's already melodious even as you speak. so i don't believe you when you say you can't sing like Elvis. but hey, can you do a Sinatra?
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sort of do a Sinatra. I do it by not singing but speaking it as a lyric poem comes out much like a song. Tracey I am still running off a copy for me want me to make you one and post it? btw I have all his movies if you want any others. Let me know by morning I'm making a bit of space and backing things up

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's ok Sid thanks.... my sister has all his movies so I can borrow at any time....I didn't know you were a fan! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Admirer would be a better word than fan. Love me tender was the 2nd movie I saw Bambi was the first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMFAO!
    Dear lord Sid, if anybody was a good excuse for a mother to drown her young, it was me (might explain some of her psychosis too).

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You aren't in the fast pace until you've see Viva Las Vegas ten times in a row.Elvis had a birthday near yours on January 8th. I love all his movies but do ask what they are about..I am clueless. Hope you are better, Chairman of the Board.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Me Tender is a Civil war era love story. Charro is a western the rest are about an hour and a half each.

    ReplyDelete