Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Over a Year of Wasting Electrons

Hard to believe but the day I wrote about the Magic show ( I still and probably never will remember it clearly ) was a year since I started wasting electrons with my my Ramblings. They have been fun, they have helped me meet interesting new people all over the globe. I have learned about all kinds of interesting subjects. Some terribly sad some nice. I have had the chance to say all kinds of stupid things. In the unlikely event I have ever said anything intelligent. Please tell me. I will do my best not to do it again.

To Odette I thank you for getting me into this and am sorry ready my idea of the perfect eulogy made you spit your coffee all over the keyboard. I should have some kind of warning that if something I write and it seems intelligent and sensible get ready for a punch line.

To Tracey thank you for increasing my vocabulary. Pillock and Prat are now firmly embedded therein.

To Kirst thanks for filling me in on so much about a part of the world we think we know but don't have the slightest idea about. Also for being a good friend when needed.

Also thanks to the rest of you for being educational. I still intend to complete that book though it has me running in several directions. I find to do what I wish I need to reference many more sources than I thought. The overall arrangement is more complicated then I would have dreamed as I am trying to do one that will be useful world wide. Mimi greatly expanded what I need to do for an area of the book just by mentioning earthquakes. ( it also brought up several areas I never mentioned but would be needed ). Seems the only disaster I can think of I know of no way to prepare for before or after is a Volcano. However the skills I intend to include would be useful just any wrath of God disaster is more difficult and that is one I can only think normal survival skills can't touch. If you can survive it and get to a safe distance then I can help. Even with the getting to a safe distance.

So thank you all.

I didn't mention R.S the A.A as I think he is right now working extremely deep cover with James Bond

5 comments:

  1. wow, your blog is one year old already? yay! it's some kind of a journey, no? we started this hobby of writing to inform, to entertain, or just to let our opinion not go unheard.
    we blog about what we had for dinner last night, or about our favorite old movies. we also post pictures of our pet, or write what we are passionate about, like in your case Sid, - rocket science. we can blog about anything that pops into our head!
    it's of course a big thrill to turn on our computer and see that people have left comments on your blog. in a way, this hobby has tied us with other people with like-minded interest. and together we had formed a small community of friends who care about each other.
    therefore, i hope you don't contemplate of closing/deleting your blog, ok? because the biggest advantage of blogging, is gaining friend and having fun. so seize that moment and blog about it!
    love always,
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a year of blogging!
    I have really enjoyed your blog and look forward to another year, then another, then another...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocket Science: Thank you for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very happy to have taught you new words! Well done on your first year! Keep up the good work...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Useless Information!
    Congratulations to you, Sid, on creating such a decent blog!

    ReplyDelete