Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Going for a Record

I was just thinking and if this congestion that keeps getting the odd migraine thrown in goes on 2 more days it will be the record for being sick without going to hospital. Be it on my own, by ambulance, or after slipping into a coma.

Thing is I am not terribly sick. It's congestion, sinus and the odd migraine. Migraines that if not for the other would be taken care of by ibuprofen or tylenol 1.

The combination is what's wicked. This part will interest stella. For the first time sound caused me to cry from pain. Light had done it plenty of times. Most migraine sufferers can't take bright light. The Olympic torch went literally past my door yesterday or the day before. The cheers were loud enough I was in tears. I had thought at the time ( being sick has me sleeping very odd hours and a friend is taking out the dog making sure he and the cat are feed etc. So I thought the Santa Clause parade had been re-routed )

I'm invited to an X-mas dinner and some friends have asked me to join their family dinner on X-mas. The last time I was over to take something over because the husband was sick ( I can't remember with what but something prevented him walking or driving think it may have been a sprained ankle. His grandkids and son or son and law were there. I visited about a half hour and as I was leaving heard him say to his wife " that man is welcome anytime" and to the rest, Now that is how a gentleman behaves you can all learn from him ). The next time I saw the wife downtown she told me the story and apparently it made an impression because he had never used a person as an example before."

Funny how doing something that is nothing to you can come back to you multiplied in good ways. I've done one other minor favor for the family in the past year and have got a phone call every day since I first got sick with many expressions of hope you can make Xmas dinner.

Assuming I'm well in the next couple of days it brings me to what I what I wish to say. I had to be reminded ( almost have the whole story explained ) to recall the events. It goes with what to me is part of Karma. If you do something and take credit for it are you doing it for them or you. If you do something nice and five minutes later have forgotten about it and won't think of it again unless pushed to then you have done something selfless. From my point of view only the selfless acts count as good deeds or gook karma.

I don't worry about heaven or hell because I personally believe no matter what happens ( if anything in case if it's nothing who cares )that we will be judged fairly and as a result will get exactly what we deserve. So good or Evil, Saint or Sinner we earned it and when all is said and done. We get what should be coming to us.

4 comments:

  1. Now just concentrate on getting well so you can enjoy the day.
    We in blog land know without a shadow of a doubt, that you are the perfect gentleman.....
    a bit of a pillock but gent none the less....LOL!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that story! Told you that you're the perfect gent..

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's 4:30 pm here. i just took a break from preparing food for tonight. i had wrapped the molo, and did the cold fruit cake,i had the chicken boiling and the pasta is done. we are ready to celebrate and i wish you are here to share Xmas with us.
    i had asked Catherine to check on you...
    Merry Christmas Sid! muah...!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Sid,
    Thanks kindly ,that sound you made from the pain does interest me and makes a lot of sense.When the Olympic torch went by your door I am certain that ancient Pindar composing his dithyrambs also thought it was just another festival traversing the streets.Your regard of the antecedents and your humanistic ethos is what makes you a gentleman of consequence.

    ReplyDelete