Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas questions

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping?

I used to be done by Labor day. The first Monday in September. This year I’m not really getting the chance to do any shopping. We have one small department store in town so unless you want everyone to get duplicates of every gift you need to travel to one of the cities around us. They average about 40 miles away and I don’t drive anymore. This year I was able to make one trip but time was limited and I am going to end up giving family cash. With this economy it’s probably a better choice anyway.

2. Tell me about one of your special traditions.

I normally had to work Christmas so I have none. Out of 29 years with the same company I had 4 Christmases off. We got it off if Christmas fell on our normal day off.

3. Are you a Black Friday shopper?

Black Friday is strictly a US thing. I wish we had something like it here. I was in Connecticut once on black Friday by chance and it was great. Here Boxing day the day after Xmas the sales start. Originally when people had one winter coat on dress coat etc. They would get often get a new one for Xmas. Boxing Day the last year’s ones if still good would be boxed up and donated to groups for the poor.

4. When do you put up your tree?

I no longer put up a tree since the dog is now blind. The cat having his own indoor toilet is bad enough.

5. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home?

I usually now spend Christmas home alone.

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory?

The year I gave my brother a game of bathroom battleship. It is meant to teach adult men to hit the bowl. My family is almost all male and even with a few thousand targets to sink by peeing at them they were all used by the end of the day.

7. What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time?

Top 5 are Die Hard, Die Hard 2, Home Alone, Home Alone 2 Lost in New York and Batman Returns.

8. Do you do your own Christmas baking, what’s your favorite treat?

I don’t bake but I love shortbread.

9. Fake or Real Tree?

Don’t dare have either the dog only knows only how to real pee.

10. What day (as a mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done?

Last few years my Mom has been to ill for anything special for Xmas.

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?

Normally I’m done shopping in September. Often I’m more surprised then the gift opener because I forgot what I had bought them.

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?

Believe it or not the four brothers trying to out insult each other. Next to that which of us has the best true funny story. Last year my brother won hands down when 2 soldiers just returned from the middle east had been hunting on his property the week before thanksgiving. Hoping to surprise their families with Wild turkey. Good thing he was there as they had shot Turkey Vultures instead of turkeys.

13. What Christmas craft do you like the best?

I do crafts all year long. I guess what I like best is if one of my brothers gives me a new electronics project the more difficult the better.

14. Christmas music. Yes or No, and if yes what is your favorite song?

I may be warped but I love Weird Al Yankovich’s Christmas parody songs.

15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping?

I plan to start next years shopping the day after Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. You will shop right after Christmas? Damn, by the time you wrap your gift you will realize they are outdated or those shirts won't fit the intended recipient.
    Oh yes, Rocky might mistook the Xmas tree when he sniffs and would pee or even poop under it. and Mr. Whisker? he will most likely rub his body on the tree wanting to mark his domain.
    So, what electronic project do you intend to make? something that can detect alien presence would be nice...
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making something to detect alien life would be really dumb because I would keep setting it off. Even us Aliens need to sleep.

    Some I have liked was an electronic heat loss detector. I also know how to make a time delay electronic stink bomb that uses a mix of human and dog hair as it's stink fuel.

    And I'm a guy we don't get people clothes for gifts. Were gadget freaks. Even on my home Planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was interesting and as usual funny too! I like any parody songs too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey: Know what is funny is I was being perfectly straight not trying to be funny at all. One of my friends says that is when I am funniest. She asked me the names of the Greek Muses. I could only remember 2 so said "The Greeks had 12 of most things so do a Google search for the 12 Muses" There are nine muses. The 12 Muses is a Gay and Lesbian Cruise Line. You can't get lucky enough to make stuff like that up. Sort of like my Brother and the Turkey Vultures.

    ReplyDelete