Friday, December 18, 2009

Still Fighting the Congestion

I'm sure I have a graphic of someone sick. Unfortunately I have many more graphics that are just plain sick.

I suspect the cold meds combine with my regular meds to form stupid pills. At least they make me feel more stupid then normal. The combination could possibly be marketed as a means for women to find out what it feels like to think like a man. If they can figure out how to make a strong enough dose without being fatal. After all they figure females are roughly 10,000 years more evolved then males ( this last sentence is not a joke but I forget the source of the estimate, I do know it has something to do with handling pain and healing )

Old skills are all no problem but trying to help a friend with a new cell was a major problem. Maybe the problem is I'm not a teenager. I also normally read manuals cover to cover before doing anything. They aren't packing manuals with things anymore because people don't or can't read them. So I found the manual on the net and downloaded it. Awkward way of doing things but It has some advantages I can see. ( reading 110 pages is not something teens are keen to do ) one of the advantages is it makes the mp3 player part of the phone more idiot proof. You can't erase a song by accident. At least the file is a PDF so I can put it on a CD or DVD for her. Likely though the easiest way to do something is get me to do it. Faster than explaining things written in GEEK that I can speak Greek is still on my list of things to learn.

6 comments:

  1. Sid,
    I am also from the old school and I read the manuals, as well as the "instructions."
    Greek is a difficult language.By my estimations you would have it down pat in a week.!!!!You would be the new Lord Byron.Lord Sid, of Brechin, how does that sound? Speaking of Greek, the Olympic torch came through Toronto today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Till you mentioned it I had forgotten that George Gordon Lord Byron died fighting in the Greek civil war. ( actually he died of an infection he got fighting in that war ). Don't think it was H1N1

    She walks in beauty as the night
    And all that's best in light and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For crying out loud.......is there anything you don't know???!!! You're like an encyclopedia! Google Sid! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Encyclopedia is right,Tracey! I have flat footed brain syndrome compared to Sid...And it was all in the manual.. who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  5. as i have said, he is full of rocket science!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete