Friday, October 1, 2010

Head Cold



Good thing I had almost no e-mail today. The expected well due butt kicking from Tracey as expected thank you. There are various forms of encouragement and one of the most effective comes only from mother's, Wives, Regimental Sergent Majors and Ladies of Scots Ancestry. Tracey belongs to the last group but at times she can be as motivating as members of the Third.

I slept in first. Then got a call from my housekeeper asking if I had any medicines for head colds. I do get allergies almost constantly but rarely a cough, possibly as I have never been a smoker. In fact tobacco starts my eyes watering as badly as pollen or the cat sleeping on my chest. Unlike the latter two I can normally avoid tobacco. It isn't the smoke which apparently triggers allergies but tiny particles of unburnt tobacco carried by the smoke. At least according to the Doctor who first Dx'd me as allergic. I unfortunately can't tolerate the shots to reduce your allergies. Perhaps six hours after one I will have a terrible migraine which can last for days. So instead I rely on simple anti-histamines. It's not so bad. First they are pills not shots and the main side effect drowsiness you soon get immune too. I gave what I had for cough to Tina as I said I rarely get coughs and these were from my last cough which must have been during the winter ( summer for Kirst I'm on the other side of the equator ) and all were getting close to their expiry dates. However it is going around as they say and there is lots of vacant space in my head so I have one of the symptoms. Excessive sleeping. Two coffee's one more than normal. ( I would have had more but I slept till after the coffee shop closed when I tried to watch some television in the early afternoon and woke after dark.

Took the dog for a pee walk did get a coffee from one of those places that plans to stay open right through the second coming.

Ever notice that nowadays the lists of side effects on any kinds of pills is longer than the dictionaries we used our last year of school. And side effects the 3 stooges could not have come up with as well. Ringing noses, Runny Ears, Watery Navels, Dry Itchy mouth, Premature you know what and green and red stuff popping out the end on top. Erections lasting under six seconds or over six hours. I think our wives are used to the first but they say you should call your doctor if it lasts over six hours. I figure they came up with that number, because the people at market research calculated it would take you five hours and fifty-nine minutes to call and brag about it to all your other friends first. Worst thing is that's not on a box of cold pills but the side effects for a tube of M&M's or a pack of breath mints. Actual medications probably warn against abduction by space aliens ( as opposed to the kind from neighbouring nations ). I also have come to the conclusion that the space alien sudden interest in probing is our own fault. Things used to be plain run of the mill bright lights and autopsy while still living. Then we started to broadcast of various government sessions convincing them beyond any possible doubt that there is no intelligent life on this planet. Try watching a government broadcast and in less than five minutes you likely will have reached the same conclusions the aliens did. Why keep up the probing and why there. Maybe like here if they don't use up this years budget next years will be cut and after watching our world leaders on television they figure if they are find any thinking that's the place to look because it's where our officials normally keep their heads.

2 comments:

  1. Now thats better...A lovely long 'Sid' post! Welcome back dear friend...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary part is Tracey that I'm beginning to believe my own idea that broadcasting the goings on governments really has convinced any space aliens that there really is no intelligent life on this planet.

    Come to think of it even we claim things like stonehenge and the pyramids must have been built by aliens because we don't think there could have ever been any intelligent life on earth

    ReplyDelete