Saturday, October 2, 2010

Feeling Every Second of my Years



It's not quite 9AM and it is one of those days I feel every second of being in my 57th year. Which is an old fashioned way of saying my next birthday is my 57 but I've finished 56 whole years and feel at least that old.

I feel as if I have just had the above medical procedure and am having all side effects of taking some modern miracle drug designed to very effectively cure disposable income and have been abducted and subjected to unthinkable acts by assorted kinds of space aliens.

I'm sure all of you know what I mean. I really have nothing wrong with me but nothing feels right.

I live across from a tavern and last night they had a band. Okay it's Friday night goes with the territory and when they do get a loud band I tend to watch DVD movies with surround sound on so the Movie drowns out the bar. I did really enjoy the one I choose to watch for the first time last night. I had bought it earlier in the week and to be honest am surprised I hadn't seen it months ago as it came out last year. Jackie Chan in "The Spy Next Door" a spoof of both high tech spy movies and babysitting flicks. I enjoyed it very much and found my amused at myself knowing exactly which James Bond theme they were using in the score at any given moment. On top of that I picked up on some tv spy themes from the 60's and 70's. So though I was not up terribly late movie and bar both were done about 2. My allergies are not bothering me. The pets woke me about 7 for some reason. Maybe they heard something outside I'm limited to human hearing. The sky looks like there is a trip to Oz scheduled for later on today. I have not had my coffee yet. ( it is sitting in front of me as I type and the dog has been walked ). I just feel blah. I think I have one of those energy drinks in the fridge and if I don't feel more like something which at least has the ability to walk upright may drink it in an hour or so.

Looking out the window of the computer room it really does like that trip to Oz is a possibility. I hope not. This weekend is the county fair in the next town over and a number of friends who belong to the same mental health support group I do are going to be manning a booth there the aim of which is this coming week is mental health week and they are part of a nationwide maybe bigger effort to reduce the stigma people associate with mental illnesses. Makes sense a mental illness is not like a tattoo, you don't choice to get one as well as when and where. ( though at time I have thought of getting one with the oriental symbols for "Stupid White Man" Though I only know how to say it in Japanese the meaning is the same in several languages. ) Also I am the only member of this particular group who is also a card carrying member of Mensa so I sort of feel I should be there even if only to prove that having a genius IQ does not make you crazy but it can't prevent it either.

The short version of this whole thing is I have a premonition it is going to be " One of those Days. "

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel, I've felt far from normal for weeks. I want to watch that film, I'd heard it was good...xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to give anything away but in the titles they use a lot of cuts from Jackie's movie the Tuxedo. It was filmed in Toronto and I had trouble because the cab would round a corner and be twenty blocks away from where it was 2 seconds ago. A disadvantage to having worked 30 years in the city it was filmed in. I also know all the subway tunnels and many of the dark allies all of the Museums. Mind you I can't watch Nelson Eddy and Janet MacDonald in I think it was called " The Singing Mountie" which was filmed before I was born. The are singing to each other in one scene. I have climbed both mountains they are five miles apart and there is another small mountain in the way.

    ReplyDelete