Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lists


I have in the past couple of days run across a few must have lists for prospective mates. I have always felt such lists to be at the kindest inappropriate. The only real reason for getting married should be you want to. Both of you want too. If it is only one putting pressure on the other I don't see it working. Unless of course there is some very ulterior motive and it is a sham of sort to begin with.

The only person who should be keeping a list is Santa Claus. I have also heard a nasty rumor that he pays for all those toys he delivers by selling copies of his Naughty Girl list on the Web.

Here is a piece of trivia I found that may amaze all but those from cultures where it is common. This is a Canadian statistic and the later group applies mainly to immigrants however it large enough group for the sample to be valid. The divorce rate for self arranged marriages and that for pre-arranged marriages ( ie parents etc arranged it ) is exactly the same percentage wise.

Which kind of re-enforces the idea that it is after you are married that you really get to know your spouse.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting stuff Sid. I personally don't have check lists, I go by how I am treated, values, heart, head and how relaxed and best matey I am with the person. Lists shmists.....Even though I just so contradicted my post lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lists can be useful. I always make a shopping list. I just never remember to take it with me.

    Goal lists are the only ones I have ever found to be of any real use and they take a bit to get good at using. I should make a new one of those.

    Thanks for the prompting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make lists of everything for everything. LOL. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i use to make a list of "must-have" of a potential partner. but then, i realize that the only important thing is "love". it make no sense getting the perfect person when you don't love him and vice-versa.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been enjoying your comments on the other blogs... popped over for a visit :)

    Lists - we never really stick to them but perhaps they clarify the things we think are important!
    I know people often make a list of the type of place they want to live, and then buy something completely different. I guess we are the same with people.

    ReplyDelete