Saturday, June 27, 2009

Gender Challenged



I think I’m gender challenged. Not in the omg I may be gay type but the grew up in a house full of males my mother and grandmother both had only brothers so I have no clue how the opposite sex thinks. This may not be limited to boys only families but from my experience we are a bit dumber. ( if such a thing is possible )

Today I was out with my brother and his daughter who is 1st year of high school and she while my brother was bringing the food we had ordered said “Daddy is a slut” my reply was “Sarah, I’m his oldest brother. I already knew that.”

Something tells me if I had been an aunt Sydney instead of Uncle Sidney she would have gotten a different answer. On the other hand I gave her an honest answer.

She’s lucky she didn’t know him in his wilder days. I mean I could write some of this stuff for Hollywood and no one would believe it.

Perhaps I will write guess how much of this is fiction article and then tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. No one would believe a word of it.

Okay here goes guess what of the following is not true.

He is back living at home while he goes to college the first time after a few years in the work force. ( like the rest of us he has been to college 3 times or more, and finished ). He brings home this girl and soon after we hear bedsprings creaking and the headboard banging against the wall. ( I was visiting my Mom & Stepdad ) Some friends my Mom has known since I was an infant drop by to visit. A few minutes there is a repeat. After a while a pause & repeat. Then it stops and we hear the bath running. This followed by giggling water splashing glasses tinkling and then another creaking and banging session. As Mom’s friends are getting ready to leave they come down the stairs. Mom says aren’t you going to introduce your friend.

He say’s “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to be rude. This is my Mother Eleanor my Stepfather George, my brother Sid and these are family friends Fred and Marion Alpine. “ Then he turns to her and says. “What is your name anyway” She introduces herself they head out the door. My Mom and Mrs Alpine have time to pick their chins off the floor and My Stepdad, Fred & I get chewed out for laughing our heads off.

New story he is at a strip bar with a bunch of buddies and our youngest brother (who is in his early 20’s at this time ). Now he is a good looking guy today he looks exactly like Jan Micheal Vincent did when he made AirWolf. A stripper is sitting in his lap and trying to say something to him. The music is very loud and she has to shout. Suddenly the music stops. ( I never did find out why, I got the story from my youngest brother and each of the friends there. All the stories matched. ) Her voice shouts out “ I want to go home with you and f*** all night” his reply he waves at the group and says “No problem. I’ve got lots of friends “. Worst thing is she did go home with him ( just him ).
New Story. On Ground Hog day ( Feb 2 ) he along with my other brothers decide to go Ground Hog Hunting. One brother takes his new shotgun, and he lends the youngest brother a luger pistol ( technically it is illegal to hunt with a pistol ). He takes his M1 semi-automatic War surplus rifle with a full 30 round clip. They see one Ground hog. The shotgun fires a split second early sending my one brother on his butt and giving him a very sore shoulder. The youngest misses with a pistol. Not surprising it takes ages to get good with one and this was his first time firing one. He forgets to take off the safety and gets a click. They head home at least the one with the shotgun gets home and the pistol is dropped off. He and the youngest head to the same strip bar as in the last story and pick up a friend on the way. The M1 and mag are behind the driver’s seat off the truck. In the bar they get in a tussel with some bikers and the bouncers break it up.

Both groups stay till closing 1 AM. At closing it turns out the bikers had come together in a car and were parked right in front of the truck. The biker’s now want to fight. As the biker’s are blustering he speaks up and say’s “ You guys have ten seconds to get out of here” the bikers start “or what” as he opens the door, gets out the M1 puts in the mag cocks it counting very fast 10, 9, 8, at seven he opens up and empties the magazine 30 bullets into the trunk of the now speeding away car.

This story isn’t over. Almost 2 weeks later it’s Valentines day. He is in a suit and taking his girlfriend to dinner. They are at a fairly nice place and he notices that some guys at a nearby table are starring at him trying to place where they know him from. He tells his girlfriend “Drink up were leaving” she “But we just got here aren’t we having dinner” “Drink up”. The penny drops they recognize him and the four of them get up and start to walk to his table. His response look at the group and put his hand inside his suit jacket James Bond reaching for his gun style while looking them down. They suddenly all put their hands out waving no it’s ok and promptly leave. He and his girl have dinner.

Now as you are trying to figure out which of these stories are true remember I may a vivid imagination when it comes to dreams. However I could not make this stuff up. They are all true. The first I was there the rest came from sources I deem reliable.

10 comments:

  1. WOW! What a family you have there!! You have seriously got to write a book & send me a signed copy please.....
    Tracey
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarey part Tracey is that I am only talking about one of four brother's. Add my Dad and Grandfathers and Great Grandfathers.

    If you read the DaVinci Code this may interest you. It surprised my niece to find this out. My Mom's father's father was GrandMaster of the Knights Templar of Scotland. His wife maiden name was Flora Sinclair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sinclair is my maiden name! Are we related? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha, and when do we get to hear your personal adventures? if your bro lived a dangerous life, i bet you do too!!!
    i thought i already know half of it - or are we just scratching the surface?

    Tracey,
    are you also scottish?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odette, Yes, well, at least my ancestry is!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Shiznit!!!

    What a gun collection! From what I've heard, it's almost impossible to find parts for Lugars. If it was me, I'd mount it on a wall, not use it. They also fetch a very pretty penny on ebay.

    I never knew those old carbines had 30 round clips. My dad trained with one in the air force but, I don't remember him mentioning that. Not that I haven't asked him at least once, I just don't remember what he said. lol

    If I was gonna get a WW II era gun, it would be the BAR. They drop a man in one shot and are as beautiful as they are accurate.

    As far as your brother's favorite pass times, I wasn't too shocked about the fun he had with those bikers. I'd pay anything to have been there. I was, however, very amazed by how many times he made matress music in one "session" lol. Sometimes, it's more fun if you don't know her name (not that I'd have remembered it anyway).

    I wish I had friends like you and your brothers when I was young enough to keep up. My friends were all too boring and skiddish when it came to having real fun. It might sound mean and crazy but, it's true.

    I never told them this but, the few times we actually DID go to a bar, I was almost bored to tears. I had once even considered starting a bar fight with the biggest guy there just to liven things up. Not the best way to keep good friends around though. lol

    Anyways, I agree with Odette, Sid. With brothers like that, you must have at least ONE good story no?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My youngest brother phoned yesterday and I told him about this post. His comment was you forgot this story and that story. I asked him to write them out and email them to me so there may be a second part to this post.

    The brother this post was about took a human sexuality course in college. They had to do a presentation. For his Rod brought in the Owner of Canada's largest swingers club ( wife swapping ). He introduced him then opened the floor to questions. The last question came from the prof. It was How do you know Rod.

    His answer " His brother Sid was best man at my wedding ".

    Those who knew me were shocked as Ron and I are polar opposites. Just because you have different views from someone does not mean you can't be friends.

    We may be related Tracey. Then again we all are if you go back far enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sid.

    That alone should've gotten him a final grade of A+ lol. I look forward to any updates. My brother and I are the same way. We're kind of yin/yang in terms of personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ray that alone did get him a final grade of A+ in that course. Same year he was so drunk when he wrote his Calculus and Electronics Exams he was so drunk he could not stay in the seat. I think his grades on those exams were an 82 and an 86. In each case the second highest mark was below 50 and those are not exams you can do mutiple choice or true false.
    The guy was blessed with looks brains and confidence. Once George ( another brother ) said to him " You know you pick up a lot of skanks." His reply has become a bit of family history " Five 2's are as good as a 10!". He wasn't blessed with good taste. Have to admit though he has had more than his share of 10s as well. He doesn't really hide what he is so I don't know how he does it. Several years ago he quit drinking so at least the really wild stuff is hopefully over.

    ReplyDelete