Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Workout Without Opening the Box

I have been putting off buying a treadmill for ages. Mainly whenever I was somewhere that sold them and I had access to a vehicle that could carry it no model with the features I wanted was on sale. Or even at full price in stock.

Today a store at the edge of town had one on as part of it's boxing week sale had the exact one I wanted on for 399.00 it is on next week as well but for 549.00 It is normally listed at 999.00 and this is the first time I have seen it below 900.

I got it home via large cab then as my apartment is above a store had to get it upstairs. With the help of two friends and using the carrier on the wheelchair lift ( it came with the apartment. My Mom uses it rather than the stairs when she visits and when my nephew visits it takes me a half hour before he gets bored playing on it. I can't really complain I still watch cartoons )

But what a workout. I haven't opened the box yet but if I did that every day by summer I would be giving the Governor of California a run for his money. Except I got it for cardio I already have a good gym. So here come my next two resolutions. I get in condition, two get in shape. ( condition is how healthy my body is condition is how it looks ). It would also be nice to have the talking weigh scales say "one at a time please"

So now everytime I finish a run or weight workout I will look at the machine and do my Arnold imitation to it. "I'll be Back"

6 comments:

  1. The dog can exercise on it too! Don't fall off it...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sid,
    Pls initiate your treadmill with the twelve minute workout at a comfortable pace. That is the exact minimum amount of time that you need to jumpstart the body without causing internal injury. Do not forget your CoQ10 enzymes after U get off the machine to re-inforce the cardio sterngth. By summer U will need to carry a carnation so we can recognize you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. put the treadmill next to a window with a good view of the hot babe next door. that will give you more reason to use it often, hahaha!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you make it a part of your routine like brushing your teeth is, you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracey this is not a joke at a farming museum I once saw a dog powered treadmill used to churn butter.

    Mimi I am planning on getting to if the TV is on then I am on the treadmill. Figure that way it will become something to look forward to. Remember the song 96 channels and nothing on. I think I have 700 ( 200 are French so unless it is study I won't be on them and 100 are music which is not what I normally have in the background. Though I like music I'm not a music lover. Probably spent too much time at the symphony growind up ( I worked for them as an usher ) and aside from weird al where the lyrics and where does he come up with this stuff is thing I prefer things like books on tape.

    No reason I can't do some of my language studies on it either. I didn't get it assembled yesterday. I had forgotten about my wrists only being able to do so much and I guess getting it up the stairs got them going. No excuse today. My wrists have no pain and the light coming in is great. I also have read the assemble manual.

    So a simplified view of my workout plan. Find what speed is comfortable ( being ex Army slower than a marching speed feels odd. Different if you have a lady on your arm or your companion is a semi-offical self appointed fire hydrant inspector. He has two standards pass & piss on it.

    Ah to be as wise as the great Canine thinkers. Socrates, Confusious and anything else people name their dogs.

    True story we had a Chinese guy at work was always coming up with complicated ways of doing simple tasks. His nickname was Confussion Says.

    ReplyDelete