Saturday, January 16, 2010

Weather is here Wish I Was Great

I haven't posted lately. Sorry but I have not been in the mood to write. I enjoy writing and am in a state that takes the enjoyment out of it. I suspect weather may be playing a part. Those of you who are Canadian or if I have any readers in Siberia will be able no doubt to relate. I'm told the weather in Ontario and Siberia is almost identical. Makes sense as both are about the same size ( huge ) and equally far north of the equator. The southern part of Ontario has the Great Lakes to moderate the weather and over 90% live within 100 miles of them. I'm part of that 90% but the lakes only tone down a Canadian winter.

It's not the cold or the snow. It's the dull days and the, sorry but I can't think of a word for it but going about outside is tedious in this weather. It is either very cold or warm and nice that melts the snow and things become wet and slushy, dirty muddy. Or the temp is just around freezing and you have to be careful not to fall. The overall effect is you really hate to go out. Our homes are warm generally cozy and we are pretty much spoiled with all the modern technology we have at our fingers.

I tend to have less severe but much longer lasting headaches at this time. I have been dealing with a low level headache for days now. It has me sensitive to light and it tends to make everyday things chores no matter what they are. You can put off most chores for a bit. Dishes can pile up. You can put off vacuuming for a day or so. Even groceries thanks to freezers and canned goods and I have to confess sending out for both pizza and Chinese in the last week. Two chores are musts. Walking the dog and the cats litter box. Running the treadmill and studying are two things I have put off for now. Running or even walking other than very slowly as when I walk the dog ramp up the headache or if it is gone for the moment bring it back. I can still read if it is something like a novel or humor. I have been reading the Darwin Awards. Got the book from the library. If you need a laugh look them up on the net. It is kept up to date and the formal Darwin awards are a result of the Internet.

So as winter drags ( we can have bursts of good weather for sometimes weeks. This year 2 good days seems the limit. The extra two minutes of daylight each day are very noticeable.

Hopefully I will shortly my brain damaged self. ( I actually have had more concussions then I care to admit ). I will be back to running studies and blogging then.

5 comments:

  1. I'm also fed up with the weather, at least we have just risen above freezing now, but only just. It is at last safe to step out doors now also. Tomorrow we are supposed to see some sun!! Hooray. take care, stay warm...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sid,
    We are all having Dr. Zhivago moments throughout this Sylvia Plath winter here in Ontario and /Siberia.
    Bongo drum roll please.... Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful Tracey, right around the zero C mark is when things are most dangerous as not everyplace freezes or melts at the same speed. It is when most injuries from falls occur. That is outdoor falls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sidith it must be really hard having those headaches all the time I would be out of my head, deep empathies. Cant say much about the weather as its gonna happen regardless, I just hope its shifts soon for you guys all freezing out there. Summer here hasn't been that great, but hey at least we have been having rain to keep our crops, grass, flowers alive compared to other summers.

    Our weather is swinging between nor westers which are hot, dry, windy days, then southerlys overnight or for a day or so which are cold, windy and rain. Really weird weather but tolerable.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kirst migraine sufferers in your area must be in agony with those weather changes. My drawn out headache is tolerable. Weather like your having would probably have me lights out and under the blankets whenever the pressure dropped.

    ReplyDelete