Friday, January 22, 2010

Just What do the letters MD really mean

Update on the flu. Fever is gone so is lots of other things still have some sinus problems as with central heating our air is extremely dry in winter. Thanks to Stella for the nasal spray advice. Something I should have remembered. I am still waking with a whopper of a headache but sinus not migraine so I can make it go away with getting the sinus cavity clear and a simple pain killer. Like if you drop a hammer on your toe you won't notice your headache. ( joking that's a last resort and will not work for migraines. You drop the hammer on your toe and grab your head as anything makes those dreaded things worse ).

My chest has pretty much cleared. I suspect if I use a saline nasal spray at bedtime and whenever I wake in the night the headaches on waking will go and I will be able to get to the things I wanted to start as of my birthday now a week ago. ( I don't cry over spilt milk, I couldn't do anything about the bronchitis and flu. Now if it had been lost chocolate that would have been a different thing. ).

After reading Kirst's blog for a while I often feel like crying over what the medical establishment has put her through. Makes me wonder no make that certain that in some cases MD is short for Mentally Deranged. Many Doctors are arrogant but her's is the first I have heard of who seems a disciple of the Marquis de Sade.

I used a long distance card to talk to Odette yesterday. Hate to say this Odette but I think you phones are not as clear as ours. You sounded tiny. Very nice but even your voice is petite. Mind you here that is considered very attractive both in manner and looks. I'm sure being able to phone you will help me make sure I learn to pronounce your language properly. I hate sounding like a foreigner when I speak. My goal in how well I learn a language is two fold. Be able to read and write as well as a high school grad in the country whose language it is and have natives not be able to tell I am not a native on the phone. It's not hard with spoken Japanese but my French is of two kinds so I have to be there for a while for my "ear" to adjust. It also takes a few days before I am thinking in French. I can make the switch easier in Japanese. ( if someone is only thinking of learning to speak a new language Japanese if only spoken is not hard and is much more logical than western languages. At least in my view )

I also want to thank Stella for offering to help me learn Greek as soon as I finish my 1st run at Tagalog which I expect to take 2 or 3 months ( a fellow Canadian with Greek roots not to be confused with Blonde Roots. As it was my people in Braveheart it was her's in 300. If anyone wants to know what is history and what is Hollywood in either of those movies I would be glad to answer. For example the Scottish mooning the English Army and the Irish King having Edwards Irishmen change sides are both true. The romance between Wallace and the princess is not she was age 2 at the time. 300 is harder but one quick note the Spartan uniforms are accurate. Even the colour and that musical instrument you see them marching behind is a Spartan bagpipe. )

8 comments:

  1. Glad To hear that u are rallying and almost well Sid . As I am certain we all said a prayer or two. As for Kirst & after reading her blog , I too was incredulous as to whether those men who call themselves physicians really had taken the Hippocratic oath or understood anything about what it meant.Nice to know Odette's voice has a diminutiveness to it and that she is not as sonorous as a Wagnerian soprano.Alas!Finally commendations on your aspirations to attain United Nations translator status in linguistics ;whether Japanese;French or Greek;all these languages give u access to a higher reality when u aspire to speak them at the level u wish to do.God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear that you are feeling better.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sense that Sid wit coming back.....! I know Braveheart wasn't very factual....but God, Mel Gibson looked fantastic!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard you loud and clear yesterday and just so you would know, your deep clear voice is even more appealing than a good physique or an attractive face. it also helps that you speak clearly and audibly.
    oh next time, call me in my land line coz the cellphone seem to produce static sound. i would be very happy to teach you my language, Sid. Mabuhay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sid,
    I hope U have haggis on Robert Burns day and that U it is a happy day for U. Was this your ancestor? www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Burns

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muses ad Meatballs,
    In honour of a great sacred holiday tradition coming tomorrow. GROUNDHOG DAY. One of Sid's favorite too. I will tell the story of Sid and I, muses and meatballs. One of us is the muse, the other the meatball.Is it okay Sid for others to take this vote?
    The muses first. I am talking on the phone to Sid. I am asking why it seems to be raining men on me at that time. He replies "Have you ever heard of the Muses?" They represent women's varying attractions according to old history.Look them up on the internet, I think there are 12, seems to be 12 disciples and 12 other things. I do the google thing.SID! The 12 Muses is gay/lesbain cruise ship outings! What ARE you trying to tell me here. Opps, he says try just muses. There are 9 muses. So math does really matter.
    Everyone knows Sid loves languages. I am sent a Spanish romantic poem in spanish. I email it to Sid to try his hand at translation. He emails back. Does quite well....except he asks..did this man call you his meatball? You meathead I email back.Meatball? Here is the verse my love, my life, my sun,my star, my moon, my flesh and blood, I love you. See that flesh and blood part? Sid was close and honestly thot it IS an endearment. Let HIM explain that one.
    Happy Groundhog Day everyone. Make sure you celebrate it by doing something fun. And laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail's stories are true and I am both Muse and Meatball. Mostly meatball and probably a haggis meatball at that.

    I had figured 12 as the Greeks did tend to have many things in 12's mainly 12 major gods. I didn't expect her to get invited to a gay and lesbian cruise. I couldn't have arranged that good a joke with weeks of preparation.

    Yes I think you all know me and languages and that Spanish is not one of them. Gail had asked a number of her American friends who claimed to know spanish to try before asking me. I guess they didn't get hit with poetry translation in school as most of the translations she got back were they gave up or it came out like a shopping list. I looked at what she sent then thought in French and Latin. So what I read as my flesh and blood me being male ( and therefore dumb and usually unromantic ) I took as my meatball. Prompting me to ask her if he called her his meatball as a term of endearment.

    Typical Sid all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I VOTE...SID THE MEATBALL...SID OF COURSE VOTES ME AS THE MEATBALL!

    ReplyDelete