Sunday, January 17, 2010

First Fever

As you all know I have been fighting some normal winter ills lately. Something which probably includes bronchitis ( any minor chest infection can do it since I worked the subway tunnels and on the dirty carbon dust from the motors ) Being a life long non smoker it is at worst an irritant that tends to make me tired. Possibly from less efficient oxygen usage. There are what get called the winter blahs on top of that. Anyone who live anywhere it snow regularly for 3 months knows what I am talking about. Even Mimi may as California has ocean dessert and mountains and mountains have snow even in summer from time to time. On top of that I have had more migraines then usual as the weather is more changeable then most winters. Mine lead a storm by almost exactly 24 hours. It isn't always a storm even a pressure drop without precipitation will do the same.

Today I feel as if I feel down a flight of stairs while suffering a migraine. For the first time I have a fever. So Tylenol and fluids ( every notice Lonely Tylenol is the same backwards and forward ) I have to go to the doctor at 5 tomorrow so unless the fever breaks I will also get checked at emergency. I have not had the flue shot only because I know you are not supposed to get it if you are suffering any other cold type illness. I have been getting the flu shot every year since they came out. Condition of employment as we worked with literally millions of people. For our protect in and theirs. A logic I agreed with. Still do. For people in jobs like that. I would normally have a day or two of feeling just slightly weak then be fine. I did once get it when I had a flu coming on and was much sicker had to take a few days off. ( if you haven't noticed I seem to be rambling ).

The young lady who helps me out has gone to pick me up some drinks. and things that are easy to make. I have a big pot of beef barley soup I started yesterday but it won't be ready till tomorrow.

I should count my blessings. At least I don't have H.A.G.S. which is short for Herpes, Aids, Gonorrhea and Syphilis. However with modern science even it has a treatment. You are given a private room and feed a special diet of pizza, pancakes, fried eggs, toast and anything else thin enough to slide under the door.

6 comments:

  1. Such a stubborn migraine you have... did you went to see the doctor? i wish it will stop snowing and sun light will come out streaming among the clouds. shine, shine shine!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You prat! At least you still have your sense of humour!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, Sid! It sounds like you are coming down with a virus. Sometimes if you take caffeine with tylenol, it will speed up your migraine relief. Hot tea or coffee with your next dose and some chocolate if you have it is good for a migraine and just for your general well being. Rest and watch some movies with sunny scenery and take extra care of yourself. Sending a prayer and a hug with get well wishes to you, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got an Rx for anti-biotics. Your right about the hot Mimi. I knew lots of fluids but they were out of the fridge. Doc said they should be hot. I do drink coffee and like tea but do tend fell guilty when I do. Remember I grew up Mormon.

    Their worst habit used to be having more than one wife. I think the real reason they stopped that is realizing more than one wife means more than one set of in-laws

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember never to drink milk/dairy with antibiotics as you will be back in hospital with an ambulance.Finally you are going to take the Rx for the antibiotics.So that is a bacterial infection.Lots of pots of coffee and tea-with coffee mate powder if U must as opposed to milk; even the slightest bit can trigger something.I know U grew up Mormon and I, Byzantine..... it says somewhere that the sick and wayfarers do not have to fast or abide by the rules of spiritual dietary practice as long as they are the aforementioned.[ill and wayfaring]
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad your onto Sid!!! I cant empathise enough for you regarding the migraines, you just cant function with them, I know I couldnt when I have had them, the last time about 2 years ago.

    Nurture yourself, fluids, fluids and I agree with Mimi on the coffee, the caffine helps the panadol/tylenol work better.
    hugs
    Kirst

    ReplyDelete