Thursday, August 6, 2009

A New Diet



Maybe it's from watching too many episodes of Gilligan's Island in a row. I am going to try a new diet. I got the idea from the show to be honest. They are pretty much limited to eating whats on the island and that is mostly nuts and berries. So I am going to go on an all fruit diet for a week. I tried vegetarian for a week once years ago and lost 7 pounds that I didn't plan on losing. That was in only a week. I do need to drop some weight at the moment. It is not because I don't approve of the vegetarian lifestyle that I decided to go with fruit. People are vegetarians for different reasons. Some feel eating meat is cruel. Perhaps it is, however I would have to say I am a Meat and Potatoes man except I'm not crazy about potatoes. I do like fruit so why not. It's not that I am a member of some fruitarian movement who thinks eating vegetables is cruelty to vegetables. They therefore only things that naturally fall off plants. Like fruits and nuts. ( Here is the scary/funny part I didn't make up that last bit they exist!!! ). I'm going to avoid nuts although I do like them they are however high in fat. So for one week no cruelty to vegetables, or animals. ( The Dog and Cat are still going to get meat. They are not in the least political ).

They say you are what you eat. If that is the case one should avoid Fruits, Nuts, and Vegetables. In the case of Nuts it's far to late for me.

Btw: the following graphic is for my friends in NZ.


9 comments:

  1. Great idea! You'll be swinging from the trees like a monkey, so go easy on bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think to pick up any bananas yet. Now that you have made me think of it Tomorrow I shall.

    An Ape at the zoo is given two books. The Bible and Darwin's Origin of the Species. Now he is confused. He's not sure if he is his brother's keeper or his Keeper's Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fruits go well cereal...and pasta...and steak...and pork chops...and fried chicken...and and and!!!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still day one of the diet and I'm already asking myself is Chocolate a Fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could have strawberries dipped in chocolate,
    banana with chocolate sauce, toffee apples!!! LOL XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a kid we would sing " Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat the more you toot. The more you toot the better you feel. So eat some beans with every meal. "

    So maybe beans are a fruit.

    Chocolate is made from cocoa beans.

    So Maybe Chocolate is a fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Siiiid Hiiii, a loud yell from a borrowed laptop, just in case you didnt hear ye. Another fab post from you. Im feeling so isolated having to jump on only at intervals, no the same freedomes one has on there own machinery. `the comp has gone to the big h.p house in the sky for fixing. Its a known issue so i have an extended warranty woohoo. will email you later.
    Great pic lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the opposite of a borrowed laptop Kirst.

    I have tended to turn my computer into the ultimate decadance machine. I use a wireless keyboard and mouse. My eyes are about 5 feet from the screen. A 32 inch monitor so no eyestrain. Also I am in the process of connecting everything to my Ipod docking setup in the bedroom. 17 inch screen Ipod player ( I have a 160 gig Classic ) with built in DVD player and Computer input. That's for use from bed. The computer room does not have a computer chair but a Lazy boy.

    Much easier to work in comfort. I think of my self as lazy and pampered. Odette says no. My Mom really chewed me out when I said that. She said you have finished 5 colleges. You rose to the very top of your profession. You retired at 51. You place first in the Country as a Cadet. You were a Commissioned Officer at 18. You Commanded an Infantry platoon. You worked at very dangerous jobs including teaching mountain climbing when you were 20. Your not lazy you just set yourself impossible standards you would not dream of setting for anyone else.

    Aside from being a terrible housekeeper you have no bad habits.

    What do you say? " Yes Mom. "

    ReplyDelete