Monday, September 14, 2009

My Illness

I'm going to try to write something to explain the nature of the illness I have. It is an invisible disability and you may well know someone who died from it. The cause of death would not have been the illness but stroke or heart attack as they are what the illness causes. Heart attacks or more likely strokes in otherwise healthy people with none of the warning signs. It is not an easy topic for me but I will give it a shot and try to post something here as soon as I can.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sid, That would be interesting and helpful. My friend had several silent heart attacks, and that is what spurred me to goon the Ornish diet and become a vegetarian. I don't know what caused his attacks, but he does suffer from claustrophobia, is a super clean freak-to the point of annoyance, and has not ever flown in an airplane because of his fear of heights, even though he retired from an airline company,and could have travelled the world for free, so he definitely has some little foibles going on. His wife is an absolute saint and has driven him cross country to visit friends since he can't fly. My sister gets severe panic attacks when driving any distance and has had to go to the ER because her blood pressure gets so high when she has one. She is on new meds now that seem to be helping, but she doesn't drive these days, too dangerous for her health.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers, Sid. Take care and enjoy the good times!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be go on-not goon the Ornish diet, ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. please do Sid...I would be interested to know! thanks for your great comments on my blog. Amy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting..........................!!!

    ReplyDelete