Monday, October 5, 2009

Some Serious Articles to Come

I hopes to post the first of some serious article today. My reason for not doing so is not a terrible good one. I rarely get the opposite of the illness which has one running to the toilet several times a day and hoping it is only gas. In fact I can't recall more than 5 times I have ever had that in my life. Despite the fact I am still on a very high fruit diet at the moment I am mentally and physically plugged up. I'm assuming the physically has got high enough to explain the mentally. My eyes are even brown. Mind you they were brown before this. It is a few days now and I have done everything short of taking an actual laxative. This because I have not been completely plugged and have been able to make some use of the toilet. I feel as if some critter resembling the one in Alien is making it's way through me. Hopefully it will pop out in the toilet not like in the movie.

However back to the coming serious posts. With the recent flooding in Odettes area we were talking and I was mentioning how both my Govt. ( Canada ) and my former Church ( Mormon, which I have nothing bad to say about I just don't think I was very good at living up to church standards and choose to leave as a result) encourage an emergency 72 hour emergency pack. I mentioned to Odette I did have one but over time and as a result of training have in fact several of them to be grabbed depending on the type of emergency happening. One even doesn't involve evacuation but is a very full first aid kit for rendering aid if I am fine but those around me are not.

I intend to post about such things. What to pack and not to pack. Refer you to sites from official sources with advice on how to fill these packs. ( rarely bigger than a backpack ) Fi prompted me to add consideration for the pets. And most importantly how to make sure you know how to use them.

There is some on this in my older posts but I intend to elaborate a fair bit. Also point out some basic skills it is not a bad idea to have and how to get them. So choke-um-hole aside soon as I get feeling better I will get started.

Idiot articles come of the top of my head. Serious ones I do up and check before posting so they won't come in a flood as I feel more like moving ( no pun intended ). I also like to leave a post up 24 hours at least, so if I end up putting up a couple at once it will mention it in the text.

Thanks

7 comments:

  1. i always see you as a serious person Sid, even when you are cracking jokes. that's why they come off very funny!
    i am looking forward to the emergency kit article. as i have said, it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm waiting too.....it will be very interesting. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sid, scrub 2 kiwis and eat them sliced with the skin on. It's equal to 4 bowls of full bran fiber.
    Looking forward to the articles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice Mimi. Being about Kiwis I would have expected it from Kirst or Fi. We have only had kiwis here ( Canada, Ontario ) since 89. At first only about 2% were grown here most imported from your state ( California if I remember right ) Ours are an offshoot of yours. Rather than Directly from NZ's. we are pretty good at breeding plants to tolerate ( not thrive even we only tolerate the winter ) our weather. One of the Star Trek episodes ( remember Kirk and Scotty are Canadians ) was tongue in cheek poking fun at that. Only a small part of Canada could be farmed until a special wheat was developed. About 1830 ( my date could be as much as 50 years off ) in the town of New Liskard ( I used to stop to eat there on fishing trips so that I have right ) the wheat was called triticale. The Star Trek episode the trouble with Tribbles and the miracle wheat at the centre of the joke quadro-triticale.

    If is just a few weeks to late for home grown kiwi's in the stores and a couple to early for imported from California but I will remember it.

    Perhaps you can answer something for me. Lately most fruit we import from California has been coming from Europe. Are there growing problems there at the moment. ( water, labour, heat, cold or even wind )

    ReplyDelete
  5. To All. Thank you for your concern. My problem was ( and I still have no idea why ) an inability to release enough gas which bloated we up like an over inflated tire. Slightly painful very difficult to bend. I took my normal meds with some ibuprofen and for some reason slept 20 hours and am now fine. Mentally sluggish but physically fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mint tea is a first resort with me Tracey. I drink it all the time. Whatever it was it was some kind of stuck gas. I was in pain from pressure and it was up to my breastbone. After a 20 hour sleep ( which I feel bad to the dog for and I normally never do I was ok ) I still have no idea what caused it. I'm guessing the valve that opens when we belch just was not working for some reason. I never had heartburn till I was almost 40 and people thought I was nuts asking what it felt like. I also can only recall about 5 times in my life I was bound up. Items for both are going to be added to my first aid kit. ( with a note to check dates and rotate them if I don't end up using them )

    Now I'm craving lamb with mint sauce see what you started.

    ReplyDelete