Saturday, October 17, 2009

On My Last Post and Some Good News

First the answer to where the saying "There is more than one way to skin a cat" comes from. In the old British Navy flogging was a common punishment. Part of the penalty was it was to be done in front of the entire ships company. In the event of bad weather it could not be done above deck. In those cases it was done in the only under deck area large area the men's mess where the crew slept and ate.

The term for swinging the whip which was a cat o nine tails is skinning. The overhead motion used above deck could not be used because the ceilings were low. Thus the term more then one way to skin a cat.

As for the good news. I got out of town for a few hours yesterday with a friend. No panic attacks some minor anxiety and really tired when I got home. Napped 4 hours watched 3 of TV then went to bed. ( Sleeping 12 so I guess even with no panic something is still effected ). The Friend thinks it would be no problem to do something similar every couple of weeks. This is a part of my recovery that I have not been able to implement much in the past and the first with zero feelings of panic or anxiety. Even when my Dad Visited and we went out I had an attack when we got separated for a while. Not so yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. Again an interesting post, learning every time I visit here. That's awesome news about getting out "high Five" great news Sid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done that man. Thanks for the not so useless information! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sid it was already half past midnight when i went to bed resigned that you didn't received my text message because my mobile says i failed to send it. i was glad when i was dozing off i get a beep and saw your message. but i think you didnt get my text in full as it was quite long.
    good to know you are able to go out again w/o the panic attack. your friend is right, you should do that again - on intervals first until you can go out as often as you can.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete