Sunday, December 14, 2008

Puppy Whipped


Not all articles can be serious. Actually they could be but why should they be? After all life is much more fun when it’s not being serious.

So why not some articles that are just some of life’s more enjoyable or just plain funny moments.

My Dog’s name is Rocky. I didn’t want a dog ( or a cat but I have one of those too ). So what happened? Why do I have a dog? What happened?

To be honest life happened. A few years ago my daughter ( I adopted her a week before I married her mother ) decided she would rather live with me than her Mom. The marriage between her mother and I had only lasted 3 year but my wife divorced me not my daughter. They were living in New Brunswick while I was in Ontario, two provinces away. Her Mom had said get rid of the dog if you are moving to Ontario. I simply said I will fly him up with you.

When Jess turned 18 and decided she wanted to live on her own she got a bachelor apt and it was too small for her and a dog so guess what Dad. You have a dog.

She named him Rocky because he likes to get up on his hind legs like he is boxing. He does it because he is very affectionate and friendly. In fact I have never seen such a sociable animal. I think Rocky is the most popular person in town.

Earlier today I was talking to a friend on the phone who also has a dog and she asked how he was. I said he was in his room. The bottom of my bedroom closet is Rocky’s room. She commented that I spoil the dog giving him his own room even if it is only the bottom of the closet. I said I didn’t give it to him he took it. She commented so he was sleeping on the other stuff and you took it out. I then realized she didn’t know the story of Rocky’s room so told her. I didn’t empty the bottom of the closet he did. When I moved to this apartment I was using the closet as anyone but Rocky wanted his own place. In my last apartment he had used under an end table as his room. Here he decided on the closet and moved everything on the floor out of it and dragged in his stuff. He placed my stuff neatly in the middle of the bedroom. So I moved the rest of his stuff in there. Water dish food bowl pillow. ( I gave him a dog bed but he only puts his head on a pillow and dragged the dog bed out.

He even cleans the room using his paws like brooms every few days.

When Gail found out he had moved my stuff out she was laughing out loud. He sleeps there and if he isn’t right at my side odds are he’s in his room.

I never really viewed him as pet as much as my room mate and like all dogs he thinks he’s people.

However I guess I have to face facts. I’m puppy whipped.


2 comments:

  1. Its truly heart warming to read stories of a dog and his master, and how their lives affect one another.
    If i didn't know of Rocky's condition, then this wont have so much impact, but i do, and it amazes me how extra ordinary this dog is.
    I am truly happy that he end up in your care as your sense of compassion and intelligence had rub on to him - or is it the ither way around? hahaha
    May Rocky lived long so you will enjoy his company and discover more of his precious talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you mean human and his master?

    I guess I should have mentioned it I didn't in the article. Rocky is blind.

    Before he went completely blind ( he was born blind in one eye ) he raised the cat from too young to be separated from it's mom when the mother was killed by a truck. Now the cat, Mr Whiskers acts more like a dog then a cat and has come to realize Rocky can't see anymore.

    Usually I am Rocky's seeing eye human but at time Mr Whiskers acts as his seeing eye cat.

    ReplyDelete