Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oxymoron

I chose the name Useless Information for this blog because I truely believe that in reality there exists no such thing. No one in High School ever expects to use algebra for example and I ended up using it in one form or another everyday all my adult life. I took Latin thinking it would never be used for anything other than translating mottos. Something I had a mild interest in due to Cadets. I found I ended up using it to figure out the meanings of new words I ran into that had Latin roots on an almost daily basis.

Almost every obscure unusual skill I aquired in the Armed Forces ended up being used at one point or another in my life.

At this point while retired and not really needing to do or learn anything ( that is never true btw we always need to learn new things ) I find myself with a great interest in learning additional languages. Right now I am working on my 5th and trying to improve the first 4. I am toying with the idea of adding more than one new one at a time and have pretty much talked myself into doing that.

If anyone has suggestions for a school were the study of primarily languages could lead to a degree. Especially an online school I would be very interested in any suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment