Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Potholes & Santa Claus


A couple of years ago just before Christmas my brother was driving me back from his place and the van hit a pothole. No big deal just a bump but I said to the kids "Potholes in the Road prove that Santa Claus exists" ( they were a year or two past the believing in Santa stage ).

Of course my niece said "How"

My explaination was that to make sure they got all the right houses the flying Riendeer followed the roads. People left treats like carrots and celery out for Santa's Riendeer. Santa of course gave them to the deer and like all animals after eating had to get rid of the waste. I told them that since they fly at about 10,000 feet it is very cold up there and the deer droppings freeze solid. Also that in falling by the time they hit the ground they are really moving. The result is the frozen droppings hit the road so hard they blast potholes in the road and that proves Santa exists.

My nephew after a few seconds replyed. " Uncle Sid that doesn't prove Santa exits. That just proves your Nuts "

Out of the mouths of babes.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, nice anecdote. it only proves that today's kids are a lot smarter.
    so, did i make you laugh with the dancing santa?
    i hope it put a smile on your face...
    i now it is snowing hard there, but i hope you keep yourself warm.
    merry xmas to you and rocky and mr.whisker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dancing Santa was a hit. I sent versions with my face to several friends. Blending beard to beard worked out well. I may act like him and be having my beard turn his colour but I think I will stick to keeping my waistline where it is or smaller.

    ReplyDelete