Saturday, December 25, 2010

George



As some of you know my younger brother George Arthur Brechin passed away 15 December. I have been a bit of a total wreck since and will as soon as I feel I can handle it without breaking down write what I hope will be a suitable memorial for him. I hope it is very soon. Some of you think I have unusual talents. They are nothing when held next to his sorry to put this up on Christmas but this is the first time I have well enough to write even this very short. Explanation. All I have written since I began blogging could not possibly tell of the admiration and love had for him.

My apologies for the wait.

Sid

4 comments:

  1. Truly sorry to hear this Sid. Whatever the reason, his loss will be a huge blow to you and your famxmily,
    Thinking of you
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. You told me you are going to write about it. That's good because putting your feeling down on paper could somehow ease the pain. Do write more coz I am interested to know about George(your brother, as there are so many George's in your family) and your the best person who can truly describe him.
    Merry Christmas, Sid!
    hugs,
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for writing this Sid. Hope you are doing OK...xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank all of you. I am sorry this was not at all like my usual writing. I thanks to this now have an idea of how hard such a thing can be on some people. I have always been able to write or speak without needing to prepare and had difficulty understanding why some found it so hard. Now I know.

    Odette is right about Georges in my family at one time I think there were 7 alive at once. I often joke we recycle names. I'm the 3rd Sid and it is far from a common name. Second most common name in my family is William I think we had 5 at once not long ago. Think there is only one William left.

    I am finding I can't even guess when I feel able to write about George. Perhaps I may write another piece first just to try to get back to being able to write.

    Once again thanks to all and may all your families find this coming year a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete