Monday, November 9, 2009

What is it people want?

It's just over 3 weeks now since I put up the personals ad. So far not a single response. It's not like it's a small group either they have over 4 million members. I don't think I ever really knew what women looked for in men. ( though I saw many go with guys who everyone said they should have known better ).

I doubt romance is the answer. On yahoo answers I am the number one contributor for valentines day. More than 100 answers ahead of the second place contributor. Go ahead and look it up. I think it's society and culture/holidays/valentines day.

I know the great romantic poets and can recall both Shakespeare or the Bible without trouble.

I have a sense of humor of sorts.

I didn't mention my income as I certainly hope that is not relevant.

My not driving may be a drawback but the fact I don't drink should ease fears of me being a drunk.

Maybe I just need to get back to being happy being in solitude. It does however make me feel like I must be the bottom of the barrel.

5 comments:

  1. Ok, DON'T GET DESPERATE! Good things come to those that WAIT! You gotta be happy with yourself first anyhow. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sid, I think that when you aren't really looking you're more likely to find someone. Perhaps you could look into area dinner clubs, book clubs,volunteering-even at the library, or church singles groups. Our newspaper lists all of these under local activities ever week. I do admire you for putting yourself out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi I do some literacy teaching for adults. There are no nearby dinnerclubs. One thing I miss about no longer living in the city and I gave church and the priesthood about the same time.

    Been getting to the library more lately. Have only meet the staff there. The newspaper here comes out weekly and is only 4 pages thick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. remember that story i blog about an american who had found his filipina wife through a dating magazine? widen your sphere Sid by checking out dating sites and start writing to the lady that interest you instead of waiting for them to write you.
    where are you anyway? i had sent you messages in msn...
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sid,
    Things rarely work out the way we want them to.
    Isn't there a saying to the effect that you have to leave the house for the telephone to ring?
    You have my hearty commendations however for attempting to find that special lady with honesty and integrity among four million......
    I think the fact that you have not had a response yet maybe more a sign of what is going on with them rather than you.
    It appears that you have done your best. Now leave it to Mrs. God.

    ReplyDelete