Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Personal Hero & Role Model


William Graham Tolland January 31 1910 to 12 January 1987


My Grandfather was always my personal hero and role model. He was in all ways an exemplary man. Listening to him let me set and develop my personal codes of morality and behavior. It was his examples that led me to my military career and I also ended going into the same civilian career that he did.

Each of us needs someone to hold up as what they wish to become like. I was fortunate enough to have mine present in my own family.

2 comments:

  1. your grandfather would have been proud of you too, Sid. you have become an exemplary man like himself, maybe even more so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey you have ben tagged!
    now its your turn to write 20 random things about yourself. just check my blog...

    ReplyDelete