Sunday, January 25, 2009

What I Learned today

Normally when I write something for the blog it is not a log. Blog being short for Binary log or I guess diary and journal would be just as good.

I don't get much out of describing my day and am working on keeping a personal journal but to be honest I don't find that easy.

My blog articles are generally intended to uplift, instruct, educate, edify or inform.

I am going to bed early tonight and as I lay down thought to myself what did I learn today. Today was a very ordinary day but everyone should learn some things every day. I didn't do any studying or reading today, I normally do. However I did learn some things.

First I am very out of condition. I bought some bookcases on sale. Small 3 shelf units which will go almost anywhere. I got 10 and they came home with me 5 at a time. They weigh 6 kilos each. I was beat after getting them home and my arms are still sore. In my Army days I carried more than that all day and thought nothing of it. So I learned I really need to get back in better shape. My age is no excuse for letting myself get old. My next planned purchase was a weight machine. My motivation for this just increased.

I make and repair costume jewelry as a hobby. The amount I now have was getting out of hand so I came up with a new way to display it. part of the wood I was using as part of the method of holding up the display board I made kept splitting as I tried to drive the nail. I learned tow things practice on a piece of scrap first and second that you should always drill a pilot hole. This is not new but if you are not a born carpenter it is a good idea to hold the nail you are about to drive with a pair of needle nose pliers so save on smashed fingers.

I am heading back to bed for an early night and wondering what will I learn tomorrow?

2 comments:

  1. we do learn many things each day, but most of the time we ignore it as "learning" coz maybe we get use to acquiring new skill or bettering something we have done before.
    this is especially true when one have become complacent with himself.
    but its nice of you to remind us to appreciate each challenge we faced day in and day out despite its simplicity. it does makes our existence meaningful.
    may you have a good rest, sid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Sid, Iam giving you a Lemonade Award for your blog coz you deserve it. You can go to my blog and get the picture from there and save it in your pc. then you can post in in your blog. To enable you to display it in your sidebar, you need to get its HTML. have fun!

    ReplyDelete