Thursday, February 12, 2009

20 Random things


One of the friends who follow this wealth of useless trivia I sprout challenged me to write 20 Random things about myself. So in no particular order than how they pop into my head here is 20.

1. There are only 3 mens hair styles. Parted, unparted and departed. I fall in the 3rd group.

2. I'm fairly short at 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm.

3. I am currently 55 years old but like all males decided to stop maturing at 12.

4. I have lived alone a total of 28 years which means more than half my life.

5. I suffer from Panic Disorder with agoraphobia and have for the past few years. It is not as bad as it was but forced me to retire early and cost me all I had acquired all my working life with the exception of my pension. I find it strange in that until the illness hit I really didn't know what fear was really like.

6. I worked at the Toronto Transit Commision for 29 years. Mostly as a Mechanic on Subway, Streetcars or the light rail system.

7. I was a cub, a scout, a Cadet then an Officer with the Cadet Instructors list then transfered to the Infantry. I served there as a Platoon Commander and was in a Highland Unit so dress uniforms included a kilt. The uniform at the top of the page is the lowest on the ladder of Dress uniforms and is called Patrols. I am on the right.

8. I am an expert Mountain Climber and taught it in Banff way back in 1974.

9. I am an expert Marksman but hate to shot as I did so much of it in the Military I got sick of it.

10. I miss school. If I didn't have this illness I would be attending classes at some college or university.

11. I have an interest in Languages and have some skill in English, French, Latin, Japanese and am currently learning Mandarin Chinese.

12. I have been married twice. I'm a slow learner I guess because I am open to the idea of a 3rd time.

13. I am allergic to dogs and especially to cats. I have a dog and a cat.

14. Rocky my Dog went blind last summer so now I am a seeing eye human.

15. I have a tendency to run to trouble instead of away from it.

16. My favorite thing to make for dinner is reservations.

17. I may well be the world's worst house keeper.

18. I tend to remember anything I have ever studied even if it was 40 years ago.

19. I tend to be a good friend to others but don't have many close friends myself.

20. I love to learn or help others learn.

2 comments:

  1. you neve fail to make me laugh...such interesting things you've just shared, hahaha.
    hey Sid, you got another award. so come to my blog and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome insight into you. An amazing mind,it seems:)Great stuff Sid
    Kind Regards
    Kirst

    ReplyDelete