Sunday, June 17, 2012

About time right

It has been a long time since I blogged anything. I need to be in a decent mood to blog while I often have been those days I was not in the mood for writing. My apologies, I should write more. Today will be just be a few things. Things I do that I think make my life better and therefore should pass on. 1. A friend asked me what I used for inspiration and after mentioning the scriptures ( and they don't have to be from my own religion. In fact one of the tenants of my own religion is that is something is good it comes from God so make it your own ). However the topic changed and like the idiot ( or ID Ten T error which is if you take a look spells idiot just doesn't sound insulting. Till they get it and by then you usually get a laugh ) What I was trying to say as the friend mentioned not liking self help books in general was this. Get a book of quotations. The best one you can or even a few. Then go through it with a highlighter and mark any you think uplifting or useful under any conditions. I also like to collect military insults because there is much truth in them. My favorite is " Brechin, no one is totally useless you can always serve as a horrible example " This despite never placing less than in the top 3 on any course and once placing 1st nation wide. Two. pocket or belt for men purse. Get yourself the best multitool you can. If the knife blade does not lock cut it off and also carry a knife with a locking blade. a blade that can slip is very dangerous. For a woman they should be in a purse. Also for a woman if you think you are being followed open the knife and carry it. However a can of spray on deordorant is better than mace in the eyes. Soldiers are trained to ignore CS or CN gas CS is military grade tear gas CN is police grade. No one I know of can ignore the deodorant. Or carry a spice jar of the hottest spices you know of I include washabi the powder kind you can find in a sushi section plus hot powdered peppers label it hot wing spice and pour some in my hand. If needed throw in face very effective. Also not illegal anywhere ( mace is illegal in Canada except for the Army it has been replaced by pepper spray for the police except in riot situatons. Thats all for today Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment