Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Resolutions Sid Style



Resolutions & Things to Do 2011

1. Do 1 hour minimum cardio per day ( treadmill)

2. Do ½ hour minimum a day of resistance (gym)

3. Stock freezer, fridge, pantry

4. Eat better and track meals

5. Monitor Heart Rate, Blood Pressure, Pulse, Sugar, Weight also exercise level & amount.

6.Walk Rocky more

7. Study a minimum of 2 hours a day can be concurrent with another activity such as listening to tapes or watching Video.

8. Clean up organize & keep it that way.

9.Get Ethernet cable

10. Do anxiety & depression workbook

11. Dress better

12. Contact Family more

13. Sort, box, label and store stuff

14. Set Clocks start wearing a watch again

15. Mail Lily’s gift

16. Get TJ’s address and mail chess set

17. Visit Dad

18. Make flash cards for Japanese

19. Go through drawers organizing packing & labelling or discarding Donate discards Sally Anne or mental health

20. Use bike more weather permitting

21. Do will or make arrangements

22. Visit Jess & kids in summer if possible.

23. Look into getting license back

24. Start processes

25. Passport

26. Write a level of the Japanese Test

27. Do 1/3 hour non Japanese language work twice per week.

28. Improve credit rating.

29. Increase savings

30. Learn to sign

31. Do some small electronics projects

32. Read at least 1 book a week, keep a record of books read\

33. Work on a personal rule book

34. Loose at least 1 pound a week


The way I handle New Years Resolutions is this. I think about and write them down starting New Years Day. I have some rules the most important is they must be possible. I commence them the day AFTER my birthday. Being mid January that is not much of a problem. Reason for day after is it allows some form of celebration or surprise.

They are subject to modification, they are reviewed once a month and at that time new ones can be added completed ones removed from the list, ones that are partly on course or going faster than expected will be adjusted to reflect that.

Subsets can be added. For example #33 Write a personal rule book. Will once done have an a) which will be read the rules each day till memorized once memorized recite them aloud at least once each day. This is not talking to myself but developing a personal Mantra. Beats Ohm.

As people who read this generally know me. Perhaps not in person but in essence suggestions are welcome for the next update which will likely be the day before Groundhog day Feb 1st.

So far so good. My 1st day on the treadmill forced me to lay off it for a day. I had brand new sneakers so they were not broke in. Blisters resulted on the bottom of my feet and my heel. I lanced the ones on the bottom of my feet but had to give the heel a day to heal a bit. I am now going to be using a bandaid ( fabric ones ) to protect that spot even after the shoes are broken in. I know that spot gets rubbed the wrong way if anything does. Band-aid as it is cheaper then moleskin and equally effective. Perhaps more.

Also thank you for all the condolences on my Brother passing. I am finally adjusting to the fact.

2 comments:

  1. wow, that's a lot of resolution! but knowing you, i know you will try to accomplish them all. i am hoping you can get your passport soon and be able to travel in the future.
    sid, i had a court hearing last tuesday. i had quite a scare when the judge asked me to take the witness stand. Feels like i was watching Law & Order, except that I am in it! but it was was sweet to hear the judge say " your petition for the dissolution of your marriage has been granted". so now, i am basically single again according to US law and i am a Bautista once more(my maiden name).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Odette and Congratulations.

    I first planned on 50 as that is about the most I figure I could handle. As time goes on and I break some of them down with sub steps it likely will reach it. Still have the bad blisters on my heels so have been of the treadmill for a couple days. If they are still sensitive tonight I will do it barefoot. Normally don't like doing that but it does work.

    The illness is a bigger barrier than the passport. Here I could get it expedited and have one in about 3 days. My Brother did his and his kids that way. He keeps going to the Mexican Riviera. He speaks no Spanish. If I were to go I would probably make learning it my main activity while there. Knowing me I would try to learn as much as I could before I went.

    ReplyDelete