Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sleep Deprivation Headache



I live above a store across the store from a bar, Brits read Pub without the nice manners ( yes I know Canadians are polite but a polite drunk is still noisy and still drunk ). With Halloween being on Sunday this year it was way above normal noisy Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Also as this is what is sometimes called a one horse town only I have never seen a horse here so make it a no horse town, there is nothing to do normally. The result was after the bar closed the patrons remained in the area being noisy till dawn. Not rowdy or anything but enough that sleep was out of the question.

Normally on a normal weekend just Saturday usually sometimes Friday as well but rarely I compensate by watching a DVD with surround sound till the bar closes at 2.

Now I hope all realize I am just making a commentary not a complaint. This town needs every job it can get and most of the bars have closed in the past few years. In fact I think the only other one ( aside from the Legion which has very restricted hours ) the other is also a pretty nice restaurant. I often go to on Friday as that is their Prime Rib special day and I love prime rib.

So for certain types of behaviour, like dancing listening to a band this is the only choice. I am glad there is something, and they use local bands often. Don't have too but it is nice for local musicians.

Moving is not a good idea ( if I move it will be to a city ) as with my Agoraphobia though I have good days most days I have only about a two block safe zone ( meaning I am very unlikely to have a panic attack ) and this is by far the nicest place downtown and also about dead center. The hardware stores are way out of my safe zone so males can take pity and women may laugh.

However when I worked I did 22 of my 29 years at the TTC on either a solid night shift or a solid afternoon shift. So my body has been used to sleeping during the day most of my life. I won't complain about the Army because the Infantry's definition of happiness is getting enough sleep. ( and for some reason Infant ry does not mean Baby Army )

Anyway, normal things are waking me at normal times so I am having great trouble sleeping. This morning I didn't get to sleep till 6 AM and my cell woke me with a text at 10. ( tonight It goes off for the night ). Result for the 1st time in a few years a sleep deprivation headache. Coffee Tylenol and I may go for one of those long lasting energy drinks that are mostly vitamin B.

So here is hoping all of you even if you have newborns are getting a good nights sleep. For myself hoping tonight is to sleep perhaps all night.

So anyone emailing this evening please excuse me if I don't get back till tomorrow hopefully late.

5 comments:

  1. Sleep is a pervasive myth

    A good nights sleep doubly so

    Getting one is better than finding a good knight

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have both. However when our constitution was moved here from the UK we lost our right to earn a knighthood. So the best a Canadian Lady can hope for is a good nights sleep with an officer and gentleman.

    ( However if he is that good a man why would she want to sleep? "

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lost some hours of sleep too because i'm so engrossed reading stieg larsson's book. i'm on the 3rd one now, so i hope this won't last a week more.
    have a good sleep Sid, and try to off the cellphone when you do so you won't be disturbed!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete