Friday, May 1, 2009

We're Not Dumb We're Just Male

A good friend on mine is engaged to a man in India. His brother recently got married. My friend eagerly waited to hear all the details. After the wedding she asked him. So he gave all the details. The male version which took almost all of 20 seconds. She complained about it to me who of course wanted to know how she got so much information out of him.

Let's face it folks men do not notice the same things the ladies do. Ask a guy fresh from a wedding ( even his own ) what kind of cake they had at the wedding. Unless he was marring another guy you will all get the same answer. "Wedding Cake". Try it ladies ask you husbands. If he gives a different answer you can be pretty sure he isn't checking out your girlfriends when your not looking.

Wedding dresses are another thing. Ask what was the Bride wearing? Without hesitation he'll tell you " A Dress". Ask the colour and you may get then one of two possible answers. They are White and It might have been white. Those questions have probably used up the mental space we set aside for noticing things at weddings.

Stags on the other hand I better leave to another article.

Women complain that they age we get dignified. I'm glad they don't say mature because every guy knows we only mature till around age 12. After that we may get older but we all know it's never too late to have a happy childhood.

A few years ago I was babysitting my brother's kid's. One day his daughter came home upset. When I asked her why she said " Why are boys so dumb?" I explained to her that there was a mathematical formula to figure out how dumb a group of boys were going to be. This got her attention but also forced me to teach algebra to a 10 year old. My explanation is pretty simple. In any group of boys count the number of boys and call this number N. Then find out how old the youngest is and call this A for age of the youngest. To figure out how mature the group will act divide N by A and you will get M or Maturity level of the group of males. This rule holds no matter how old the guys get. Just ask any married ladies you know. You do have to remember however that Y can never be greater than 12 because that is as old as guys are willing to mature in the first place.

A few months later I had to pick up my niece at school. I dropped by the office to let her principal know I was there. When I introduced myself her reply was " Oh your the uncle who understands boys". She had me there.

2 comments:

  1. i didn't know men do those silly things during stag parties. i thought all the while that they were just drinking and getting drunk.
    so, the groom should be wary if friends set up a stag party coz he knew it will end up him getting the raw end of the deal. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geee...thanks Sid. You've revieled all our secrets. Now, not only am I going to get a frying pan over the head for looking at other women, but a pre emptive frying pan over the head just in case another one walks by.

    The math part is lost on me, unfortunately. That part of my brain never developed so, anything past simple addition is like Chinese to me. It looks nice but I have no clue what it says.

    ReplyDelete